Liberation by Sound
Roy Ghim hosts "Liberation by Sound" Tuesday afternoons 3 to 5pm on WMPG. The show includes occasional conversations and features of community interest.
- December '07 feature on the Portland Buy Local campaign:
- 4/14/09 - Interview with Ani DiFranco: the legendary righteous babe herself. This interview was conducted a few days before she performed at the Merrill Auditorium in Portland on 4/17/09. She describes the new album, Red Letter Year and talks about still trying to rally her fans/activists despite a long brutal election campaign resulting in Obama's winning the presidency. She also previews her role with Pete Seeger's 90th birthday celebration at Madision Square Garden in May. Listen here.
- 8/4/09 - Justin Ellis [Portland Press Herald reporter and NXT Blogger] comes on Liberation By Sound and dismisses dystopian futures as a result of newspapers going out of business, as well as his timely post regarding blogging and conflict of interest problems emerging in the new wild west of internet media. Listen here.
- 9/22/09 - Nick and Krister have come up with one of the coolest new music blogs highlighting the Portland music scene dogandponymusic.net. The twist is that they are doing it with both words and beautifully shot and carefully edited videos. Plus: they announce a huge event for Dog and Pony: their first DVD and a release party and show at SPACE in December '09, featuring a live concert by many of the artists they've captured on video. Listen here.
- 9/29/09 - Interview with Diane Russell, Maine State House Representative representing Munjoy Hill and Old Port, describing her attempt to get people to help with passing a green climate change bill that incentivizes weatherizing older homes in Maine. Listen here.