|Professor Joel Gold|
Financially Speaking with Professor Joel Gold
was WMPG's weekly program devoted to the financial issues that we all face. Joel has moved on but check out a few of his memorable programs.
- Gambling in Maine: Biddeford Mayor Donna Dion discusses gambling in Maine, the pros and cons and of Gaming Laws in the State of Maine.
- Taxes: Barry Brown, Tax Attorney from Portland discusses the economy and how it affects our personal taxes. What are the protections people can take to ensure they're taking care of their taxes. An overview of Federal and State level taxes. What about the Tax Refunds this past year....did you get it? Make sure you get it this year.
- Nursing Homes: Judy Cutter from the Gorham House discusses senior care, nursing facilities and the cost and care.
- Mortgages: Don Cohen from Wells Fargo Bank discusses mortgages. How to calculate what you cam afford. Smart ways to use the economy to your advantage.
- Buying vs. leasing a car: Peter Stearns, General Sales Manager at Maine Mall Motors. The topic was Buying vs. Leasing a car. What is the better choice for you. You will know after listening to this show.
- Stock Market and todays economy: Professor Burt Smoluk, a Phd from the USM School of Business. The program featured a discussion about the Stock Market and how the overall economy has had an impact on the market. Has the Enron scandal caused the market to bottom out. And the bigger question...Is now a good time to get back in the market? Listen in as we talk about the general health if todays market and some suggestions on what you should do.
Antiques: Jack Piscapo, owner of F.O. Bailey Antiques. This program featured a discussion about the world of antiques. Listen in as we talked about the retail and wholesale side of antiques. Want some insight into what that old clock is worth and how to not get ripped off... check this show out.
- Disability Insurance: Richard Alof, President Alofs Insurance discuss Disability Insurance and how to protect your family.
- US Economy: Dr. John Bay, USM Dean of Business. This program featured a discussion on the state of the US economy. What impacts the economy? How does the affect your job, family, savings and investment needs. A comprehensive view on this diverse subject.
- Tenant and Landlord rights: Guest Attorney Joseph Mazziotti and a discussion on the laws & rights in the state of Maine. Topics of interest that face Maine citizens
- Law as a career Derek Van Volkenburgh discusses law as a career. A comprehensive overview of law. Thinking of law as a career, listen in. Price and tuition, how and what to do. He overviews it all plus the pros and cons of different law schools
- Jobs! How to get one Mary Ann Benson from USM's Career Services tells us it all. An overview of what to look for in a job. How do you position yourself in this economic climmate. What does Maine have to offer for job seekers. An interesting and complete guide to start investing in yourself.